Half Moon Bay
The land that Half Moon Bay is now situated on was Crown Land until 1947, when Helge Samuel Abrahamson bought it under the Homestead Act and remained until 1960. He then sold 30 acres to Dave McCutcheon and Paul Galoien, who had the property sub-divided into three Crescents and one Street. Half Moon Bay was incorporated as a Summer Village on Nov. 07 1977 and became effective Jan 01, 1978. This made Half Moon Bay the 35th Summer Village to be formed in Alberta. Half Moon Bay now consists of 67 lots.